- Vitamin D aids the absorption of calcium and is required for healthy bones and teeth so helps maintain bone density and bone strength.
- Vitamin D3 1000 helps maintain muscle strength. By helping to maintain muscle strength, vitamin D may reduce the risk of falls in the elderly.
- A significant number of Australians are vitamin D deficient due to inadequate sun exposure and dietary intake, with the elderly at particular risk of vitamin D deficiency.
- The skin’s capacity to produce vitamin D from sunlight is reduced in elderly people.
- Sufficient vitamin D is required during pregnancy and breastfeeding as vitamin D is necessary for muscle and nerve development in infants. Vitamin D3 1000 may be beneficial during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Vitamin D helps maintain healthy mood, normal sugar metabolism in healthy individuals and a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin D3 1000 may assist in the prevention of vitamin D3 deficiency when dietary intake is inadequate and assists in the maintenance of general well-being.